6:39 PM

Spring Break

YES!!!! It is finally here...Spring Break...I have been so waiting for this time off. I love my job, the people I work with and the kids but at this time of the year we are all ready for a break to regroup and be prepared to finish out the year. It is always so busy the last nine weeks of school.
The end of the year will be a happy but sad time...we have six fifth graders that will be leaving to go to middle school. I always miss the kids that leave us to move on up. They kinda become part yours and you are proud but hate to see them growing up so fast. My own grandson will be going to middle school. I just can not believe it. Seems like yesterday he was starting kindergarten.
The fourth graders this year who will be fifth graders next year will be the last of the kindergartners I had before I moved to the older kids. The years have sure flown by. Every child I have had in class has a special place in my heart.
Yesterday I was in a store checking out and there was a young man behind me. He asked me if I still taught and I said yes and he said I remember when you taught me. I am going to be a senior next year. Boy do I feel old. Well I guess I am.
I hope this week will be good for all of the teachers and staff. I pray that you will enjoy yourselves, get lots of rest and stay safe. God bless each of you for all you do. Happy Spring Break

0 comments: