4:36 PM

Pack Rat

I am the worlds worst pack rat. My daddy used to hold that title but since he is gone I have taken his place. My mom was pretty bad too so I got a double dose.
I started cleaning out our closet this morning and then on to the bedroom. Well the closet is more organized but there is still just as much stuff in there as there were. I did get a thirty gallon trash bag of junk and one of cloths and things to take to good will. I would say I could have gotten rid of several thirty gallon trash bags full of trash.
I have an old couch that my mama and daddy had. It is not even a pretty color and I can not make myself throw it away. I have tried to talk myself into it and then I back out. My sister and my friend tell me to get rid of it all the time. One day I will. I have so many pretty pieces of furniture that my daddy made till I do not know why I am hanging on to it. That is just how I am.
When my time here on earth is over oh what a mess my daughters will have to get rid of. Oh! Well they will need something to keep them busy. Bet they will not have a much trouble throwing things away as I do.

2 comments:

Lana said... @ March 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Why is it so hard to get rid of certain things? At least, I don't have to worry about any spring cleaning this year since the surgery and all! :) I hope you have a great break!

Carol said... @ March 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I can be really sentimental about things too. There have been times in the past that I have disposed of certain items and then regretted it later.