8:24 PM

Get up and get going....

To get up and get going was what I had planned for the new year. It seems that here it is 20th day of the year and I really have done nothing toward my goal. I did work on cleaning out our bedroom yesterday and even though there are somethings that still need to go I started.

My dad was a pack rat and I took that after him, "You never know when you or someone might need this so do not get rid of it". He and my mom gave me many things and I can not bear to get rid to them. I did start today by throwing away two of my moms old table cloths that were so old they fell apart when I washed them. I am so bad till I would not burn candles because I hated to see them gone. That has changed also...I have started using them and as they burn out I take out more. I will not tell a huge lie because I still have two sets that I can not bring myself to use but I am working on that too.

I wanted to work on being a better Christian, wife, mother, mother in law, grandmother, friend and be better at my job. I did not start out very well on the motherhood thing. You are to never question God but at times I wonder at his letting me be a mother. I have never been very good at it and it seems the older they get the worse I am. People that write all these raising children books well I wonder if they even have children or if they live in a wonder world. I think I could write a book but it would be called How not to raise children. That is a different post for maybe another day.

I still have eleven months and so many days to work on organization and getting up and getting gone. I am going to work at it and pray that others who seem to have the same lazy problem will get up and get going.....Good luck.

0 comments: