12:14 PM

Diabetes

About a month ago we found out that Tom has Diabetes, type 2. In away it has been a blessing because it seems like now that we are working to keep his levels down he is feeling some better. He has even stayed up a few nights until 10:00. Before he was going to sleep after supper and getting up going to bed and sleeping till morning. Now if he does go to bed early he is up some during the night or up really early. I pray we can continue to work on it and he can get even better. He deserves to feel better. He has had a rough time for the past two and a half years.
Keep us in your prayers as we try to add the diabetes diet to the heart diet. With God's help we will do it.
I thought it was really sweet that all three girls worried about what he was to eat on Father's day. Tamara called and asked about what to do for lunch. Jennifer bought him two packs of sugar free cookies and made him a banana pudding with sweetner. Heather worries about what he does all the time and watches what he eats but not as bad as I do. I hope that I can eat the way he does and maybe we can both lose some weight. I do not see any signs of that yet.
Thanks for all the prayers and keep them up. Love to all....

1 comments:

Ashlee said... @ July 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for adding me to your blog list! I will definitely come back and read your posts. Tamara talks about you a lot, so it is good to not necessarily put a face (through pictures) to some of the people in her life that she loves so much!

I will remember Tom in my prayers as I know diabetes can be a scary thing...but God is in control and I am sure he will be feeling great in no time!

Oh yeah...feel free to send some banana pudding my way!