5:40 PM

Needed To Get Away

I think Tom and I both needed to get away for a few days. We just about waited too late and let school starting slip up on us. On Monday I told him that I had to work Wednesday at school but I would be free until the next Wednesday if he could not work. We really did not need to spend the money but I wanted to see my sister and as I said we both needed a few days away.
We went to Charleston today and had a good time just doing simple things. We rode around and looked at the houses,spent some time on the Battery, went to Antique shops and junk stores. Spent a whole six dollars so you can tell we are big spenders. One of the Antique shops had a desk I would have loved to have but they only wanted six thousand for it,and that was AS IS. The set of eight chairs was only eight thousand and five hundred dollars. We passed them up too. Even if I can not afford them I love to look.
We were going to go to the beach but we wasn't dressed for it so we did not go. If I go to the beach I want to be ready to soak up the sun.
I am so glad that God allows us to take some time from our everyday life and travel and see family and friends that we do not get to see often.
I am trying to prepare my mind to be ready for work when we get back. This has been good for me so I think I will be ready to go full, well maybe half, speed.

0 comments: