4:11 PM

Something I Learned this Week

We are having Vacation Bible School this week at our church. I have always loved to help and I love the nursery. For the past several years I have not been able to help but once because of surgeries I have had for several summers in a row. This year year I had planned to help but not teach. I ended up doing the nursery with the preacher's mom.
We had eight the first night, six the next, and seven last night. I found out that I am too old to be working with the little ones only because of picking them up and carrying them. I have enjoyed being with them. They are so sweet and loving.
I tried to teach because that is what I thought a preacher's mom would expect. Tuesday night she offered to teach the next night and I gave her the next two nights. She did not teach either. She played some music and tried to read a book but they were not interested in anything but playing. I have come to the conclusion that they are too little to teach but they can be touched by our love and care of them. We are setting the way for them to be ready to learn when they are older and can learn and understand. I pray that each of them feel the love that Shirley and I have shown them and mostly the love Jesus shows them everyday. They are God's special ones that he will use in the future to show the world about Jesus. I pray that in some small way they know in thier little hearts that God had some adults at VBS that loved them and cared for them and will pray that they grow up to love him and make him the center of their world.
Next year maybe God will allow me to help with the crafts or the kitchen. HA

0 comments: